Die With Zero - Bill Perkins - Scott Goggins

 


I think this book is a great influence for a better life, I think the only issue is the earlier you read it the better. I will also say this book has more of an impact if you have money but not even your millionaire, even if you are a middle class person it's still very relevant. Of course he has to disclaim the hell out of all of his statements because of people that say 'what about the pay check to pay check people' so don't say that to me if you ask me about the book. For me this is an aspect of my life that I'm personally trying to navigate which is why I picked up the book. I make good money and save a lot of it. I love training and don't really care for travel, especially solo traveling. This leads me to living an unexperienced filled life but to me I'm happy. Anyways this isn't a therapy session, what this book pushes for is maximizing your life experiences. Obviously there are constraints of money and health and time but it's all about taking into account those things and still maximizing your experiences. Basically when you are old you have money and time but no health. So you won't want to ski in Japan because your bad knee and you wont want to sit on a plane for 12 hours, so experience it now. Determine roughly how much money you need to live the retirement you want then get to spending. A maybe not so obvious thing he states is giving your kids their inheritance now as opposed to when you die. (yes a disclaimer is there bout 'wHaT iF i dOn'T gEt inHeRiTaNce') For one they could probably use the money more at 30 than at 55 and you don't get to live to see it. You also did it out of the kindness of your heart as opposed to just because you died.  


I think if you can get over the fact that a millionaire is telling you how to spend your money and focus on the core message it is very good. Maybe you don't subscribe to it 100% but even a little bit of influence I think would be healthy. The idea carries the book, the writing is nothing crazy but still good.


Oh: This book was one of the top books on that podcast book reference link I mentioned before. This one was from the Modern Wisdom podcast, I believe #1. Is this #1...... I'm not sure. It makes sense why it's on this podcast since it's all about personal growth but I plan to read the other top 10's and I'll let you know. 

Comments

  1. An interesting concept! I will have to try to read this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Man’s Guide to Women - Gottman and Gottman - 2016

Boundaries - Dr. Henry Cloud & John Townsend - Scott Goggins

The Blind Side - Michael Lewis - 2006