A Fortune of Sand - Ruta Sepetys - May 2026
I have a new keyboard so maybe I can type some more this time. For the last few I was using one finger.
Ok, so this is the second Ruta Sepetys book I have read. I think this one was better because it related the story to the plight of women in the 1920s which I thought was a nice touch so, so far,
1. A Fortune of Sand
2. Out of the Easy
Now I will say something you do not want to hear. I think in some ways Ruta is the poor man’s (or woman’s) Kristin Hannah. Both are decent but I think Hannah’s plot construction, the way she relates her stories to history, and overall writing style are better. Probably the many readers of this blog will disagree and be outraged but I don’t care. I feel like Ruta has an awesome plot sometimes but then doesn’t finish the story well. I also feel like Ruta is trying to do too much at once sometimes. Maybe I am way wrong. I have been wrong before.
Anyways, bisabuela told me to read another one of Ruta’s books. So I think I am going to go for three with Ruta and see which one is the best. It is nice to escape into easy fiction while I plan the South Park 5K.
Kudos to Scott for some really good reviews lately. I need to read the book by the divorced divorce lawyer lol. Dating doesn’t really exist anyways. It’s mostly like a unicorn or Sasquatch.
Ok my friends, be well, peace, and sign up for the South Park 5k jajajajajajajajaja. Go Aces!!!!

Comments
Post a Comment